Monday, April 4, 2011

30 Minutes of Sanity

Sometimes thirty minutes can make the biggest difference. If you could just take 30 minutes a day to relax, heal, enjoy the quiet, and take some time to focus on yourself, what would that include? Here are some suggestions that work well for me:

--Hot bath
--TV on DVD that I have seen too many times (I have the dialogue memorized)
--Inspirational Reading
--Paint my toenails
--Listen to calming, inspirational music
--Take a leisurely walk
--Visit a park
--Write poetry
--Sit by a river or creek, listening to the water
--Swing on a swingset
--Visit the Art Museum
--People Watch
--Take a scenic drive
--Draw or paint
--Paper craft
--Improvise on the piano (play only the black keys, and it will always sound good)
--Pray
--Be still and listen

What will you do today for your 30 minutes of Sanity?

2 comments:

At Mary and Paul's Place said...

During my 30 min. of sanity, I'm going to check my brain to make sure it hasn't gone BLUE!!

Mary said...

Hilarious, Dan! I tell many of my students to "Kiss Your Brain" for all the great work it's doing. Maybe you should "Kiss your brain!" :)